Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Captain in Dayton, Ohio

The next adventure The Captain took was with me to my hometown of Dayton, Ohio. He told me he really wanted to meet my parents and high school friends, but as always I suspected he had some sort of ulterior motive. I was right.

It was nice to have someone to drive with--we talked about sports, and girls, and video games, and largemouth bass fishing. It was mostly The Captain who talked about the largemouth bass fishing.

We got in okay, and I introduced him to my parents, which went fine. My mom kept giving me strange looks for some reason, though. My cats also seemed to get along with The Captain pretty well, although I don't think he was too fond of them. He later told me they smelled like cat food. Sometimes The Captain can be so CRAZY!

On our last night in Dayton I couldn't find The Captain anywhere. I looked in my room, in the basement, out in the yard, everywhere. No The Captain. Worried, I told my parents that I was going to scour the city.

It was around 2:00am I believe when I finally found him at a neighborhood bar with my old high school girlfriend. I should have known--The Captain was someone you could have a good time with, but certainly not someone you could trust. I was really disappointed in him, but I guess you have to expect that when you live with such a dynamic person as The Captain. Anyway, I left that bar when I found him, and I'm not exactly sure what time he got in that night, and I didn't ask any questions. All I know is that he was ready to go back to ND the next morning, and we didn't talk about it the whole ride back.

Here's to you, The Captain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home