Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Captain Hits Up California

Before I studied abroad in Australia during the spring semester of my junior year, The Captain and I took a trip to California. While it wasn't my first trip to the state, The Captain had certainly been there before, and he made this quite clear. Our conversations while visiting would go something like this:

Brian: "Hey, The Captain! Check out the Hollywood sign. That's neato!"
The Captain: "Man, I built that motha!"
Brian: "Holy crap, The Captain, you built the Hollywood sign?"
The Captain: "Damn straight. Not only that, you see those stars on the sidewalk?"
Brian: "Yeah..."
The Captain: "Those are all my fake names."
Brian: "You mean to tell me--"
The Captain: "That's right, my man. I been around the block a few times."
Brian: "I should say so!"
The Captain: "That's enough chit chat. Let's hit up the In-and-Out Burger."
Brian: "I'm down."

As you could probably guess, it was pretty sweet being in CA with The Captain. He even gave me surfing lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home