Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Captain's Australian Adventure Part I: A Tall Ship and 'Roos!

When I studied abroad in Australia The Captain came along (of course!), and had many more adventures than even I could ever hope to recount. But I will try to you an overview anyway.

One of the first things we did in Australia was take a voyage on a real life tall ship--you know, one of those ships with masts and rigging and whatnot. Needless to say, The Captain was right at home. At one point, he even took control of steering the ship. I think he had a lot more experience than he let on, as he is a weathered sea captain after all. The crew seemed to do whatever he said, and we ended up going to this island that no one had ever heard of and that wasn't on any of the maps. It was sweet.

The Captain was also there when I saw my first wild kangaroos! We were going for an early-morning walk in the woods (I used to get up ridiculously early while studying in Australia), and the path turned a bit, and there were the kangaroos! The Captain seemed to know they would be there, I don't know how though. I love kangaroos. They're my totem animal.

Stayed tuned for the next installment of The Captain's Australian Adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home