Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Captain in Rome

While in Australia, I decided to fly to Rome for a visit (I know, pretty far away, right?). Well, of course The Captain came
along. And because Rome is one of my favorite places on Earth and The Captain was with me, it was a ROCKIN' time.

First we hit up the Vatican because the Pope wanted to have a private audience with The Captain. I was a bit miffed that I wasn't allowed to go in or even meet the Pope, but St. Peter's was at least pretty. What the Pope and The Captain talked about for 7 hours I will never know.


Next we went to the Roman Forum, which was pretty sweet.

Perhaps the most interesting of the stops was to the Colosseum.
When I told The Captain that in ancient times gladiators used to fight there, he became very interested. He thought for a while, then he challenged me to an arm-wrestling contest. I lost.
We flew back to Australia.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home